HELPS FOR STAYING COOLER:
1. Wear loose-fitting clothing, preferably of a light color.
2. Cotton clothes keep you the coolest.
3. Fill a spray bottle with water and keep it in the fridge for quick refreshing spray to your face after being outside.
4. Use Fans inside! They help circulate air and make you feel cooler.
5. Try storing lotions or cosmetic toners in the fridge.
6. Keep plastic bottles of water in the freezer; grab one when you’re ready to go outside. As the ice melts, you’ll have a supply of cold water with you.
7. Take cool or tepid water showers.
8. Drink plenty of water.
9. Avoid caffeine and alcohol; these promote dehydration.
10. Eat lighter; eat smaller meals or snacks containing cold fruit or low fat dairy products. You won’t have to use that hot stove!
11. If you don’t have air-conditioning, arrange to spend the hottest parts of the day in a shopping mall, library, movie theater or other public space that is cool.
12. Use common sense. If the heat is intolerable, stay indoors!